The Oseh Shalom Caring & Support Committee is committed to providing support to those within our synagogue community. Our main function is to provide “in-reach” to you, our congregation members.
- If you or your family is anticipating a life event or change, please let us know how we can help you!
- If you would like to share your ideas about how to improve communication here at Oseh Shalom, please contact us!
- If you have a specific need because of a personal or family crisis, please call on us!
Here are some of the ways Caring & Support Volunteers can lend a hand:
- Providing transportation to services or other synagogue events.
- Assembling “Shalom Baby” baskets to welcome our tiniest congregants!
- Going shopping and/or providing meals in the event of a new baby, or illness or accident.
- Offering a ride to a doctor’s appointment
- Paying Shiva calls to bereaved congregants
- Giving respite for a few hours from attending to a sick relative.
- Visiting members or making phone calls to those who are not able to get out much and would like to stay in touch or have company.
- Donating time and help during an illness or a difficult pregnancy.
- Offering support because of a recent loss.
- Helping with a personal or family crisis
- Connecting to community resources
If I’m not available, please contact our office or the rabbi at 301-498-5151.