The Oseh Shalom Caring & Support Committee is committed to providing support to those within our synagogue community. Our main function is to provide “in-reach” to you, our congregation members.
- If you or your family is anticipating a life event or change, please let us know how we can help you!
- If you would like to share your ideas about how to improve communication here at Oseh Shalom, please contact us!
- If you have a specific need because of a personal or family crisis, please call on us!
Here are some of the ways Caring & Support Volunteers can lend a hand:
- Providing transportation to services or other synagogue events.
- Assembling “Shalom Baby” baskets to welcome our tiniest congregants!
- Going shopping and/or providing meals in the event of a new baby, or illness or accident.
- Offering a ride to a doctor’s appointment
- Paying Shiva calls to bereaved congregants
- Giving respite for a few hours from attending to a sick relative.
- Visiting members or making phone calls to those who are not able to get out much and would like to stay in touch or have company.
- Donating time and help during an illness or a difficult pregnancy.
- Offering support because of a recent loss.
- Helping with a personal or family crisis
- Connecting to community resources
If you are interested in helping out your fellow congregants, please contact Felicia Dannick-Friedman. Volunteering for Caring and Support does not commit you in any ongoing way. Rather, we are gathering an army of potential volunteers that we can call upon to help our members when they need it. When you volunteer you are only saying that you are willing to be contacted. Of course, we are all busy–and no one can help out every time!
If you, or someone you know, are in need of help or support, please contact Felicia Dannick-Friedman at or call Felicia at 410-707-0749. If I’m not available, please Barry or Rabbi Doug in the synagogoe office at 301-498-5151.