The Oseh Shalom Caring & Support Committee is committed to providing support to those within our synagogue community. Our main function is to provide “in-reach” to you, our congregation members.
- If you or your family is anticipating a life event or change, please let us know how we can help you!
- If you have a specific need because of a personal or family crisis, please call on us!
Here are some of the ways Caring & Support Volunteers can lend a hand:
- Providing transportation — offering a ride to services or synagogue events or to medical or other important appointments
- Going shopping and/or providing meals in the event of a new baby, or illness or accident
- Paying Shiva calls to bereaved congregants
- Giving respite for a few hours from attending to a sick relative
- Visiting members or making phone calls to those who are not able to get out much and would like to stay in touch or have company
- Donating time and help during an illness or a difficult pregnancy.
- Offering support because of a recent loss.
- Helping with a personal or family crisis
We need your help. To create the caring and supportive community we envision, we need you, our valuable volunteers. If you can help, contact Maryrita Wieners at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Meyerson at email@example.com. Or contact our office at 301-498-5151.