Helping and Healing
Helping Fellow Members
- Funeral and Shiva Support – Support fellow members in times of loss with burial and Shiva minyan details
- Caring and Support – Help fellow members in need by providing a ride, meal, phone call or other support after the birth of a baby, an operation or other major life event.
- Green – Help keep Oseh’s buildings and grounds environmentally sound
Healing the World
- Elizabeth House – Serve dinner once a month at the Laurel soup kitchen, Elizabeth House, no cooking involved. Come out on the first Monday night of the month and work with a small, friendly crew to feed 25-50 guests. Service is from 6 pm to 7:30 pm. Older kids and teens welcome. Great way to earn Community Service credit. Contact Melody Magnus for more information.
- Winter Shelter – Help organize or support a 1 week homeless shelter at Oseh for women and another week for men: cooking, chaperoning, shopping, transport, etc. Older kids and teens welcome. Contact Eileen Hollander for more information.
- Help conduct Shabbat Services at Riderwood long term care facilities. Contact Val Kaplan
- Inclusion Committee – Help Oseh better include people with physical, mental, and developmental disabilities. Suggest building improvements and other ways to reduce barriers. Contact Leonard Robinson
- Support Immigrants: Join our program to help a wonderful immigrant family resettle successfully in the United States. We need drivers, English tutors and many others skills. Contact Eileen Hollander.
- Social Action – Organize or join social/ethical action programs to help make our synagogue, community and world a better place. Activities have included delivering food to a food bank, collecting school supplies for needy children, food and toiletries for a Food Bank, collecting holiday gifts for a truly needy family, organizing a walk for the homeless, marking against Genocide, etc. Contact Melody Magnus
To join programs without an email, contact the Oseh office and we will connect you. Need help? have news to share with your Oseh Community? Please let us know. Contact us at 301-498-5151 or firstname.lastname@example.org