Lifelong Learning Programs: 2016-2017
Monday, September 12, 7:15 pm: Rabbi Gordon Fuller, “Coping with Adversity: Judaism’s Response to Illness and Other Life Struggles.”
- Sunday, September 18, 2016, 10:00 am: Dr. Paul Feldman, “CPR and AED’s: Easy to Use and Help Save Lives.”
- Sundays, beginning October 30 (13 classes), noon-1:00 pm: Rabbi Doug Heifetz, Adult B’nei Mitzvah class.
- Sunday, October 30, 7:00 pm: Professor Shibley Telhami, Anwar Sadat Professor for Peace and Development, University of Maryland, College Park, “The Impact of the American Election on Public Attitudes toward the Middle East.”
- Mondays, November 7, 14, 21, and 28, 7:30 pm: Rabbi Gordon Fuller, “To-Rah, or not To-rah? 4000 Years of Jewish Wisdom,” Torah study course.
- Sunday, November 13, 10:00 am: “One Book” Brunch and talk by Professor Eliyana Adler, Associate Professor in History and Jewish Studies at Penn State University, on One Book synagogue-wide read Orphan in History: One Man’s Triumphant Search for His Jewish Roots by Paul Cowan z”l.
- Sundays, December 4 and 18, January 8, 2017, 10:00 am: Rabbi Doug Heifetz, “Aging and Eldering.”
- Monday, January 9, 2017, 7:15 pm: Jewish Film Series begins with “Dough,” a comedy/drama about the unlikely friendship between an old Jewish baker in London’s East End and a young Muslim he employs.
- Sundays, January 22 and 29, 10:00 am: Rabbi Emeritus Gary Fink, “Jewish Mindfulness: Living a Life of Gratitude, Purpose, and Compassion.”
- Tuesday, February 7, 7:15 pm: Jewish Film Series, “Raise the Roof” about two American artists who lead a team of 300 to reconstruct the elaborate roof and painted ceiling of a long lost Polish synagogue.
- Sundays, February 26, March 5, 12, April 23, and 30, 10:00 am: Rabbi Doug Heifetz, “Like a Tree of Life: the Branches and Genres of Jewish Wisdom.”
- Sunday, March 5, 11:45 am: “Jewish Life on College Campuses,” speaker TBD, co-sponsored by Religious School.
- Monday, March 6, 7:15 pm: Jewish Film Series, “When Jews Were Funny,” gives insight into how certain Jewish comics have influenced entertainment and the field of comedy.
- Sunday, April 2, 10:00 am: Susan Barocas, “The Wide and Flavorful World of Haroset.” cooking talk, demonstration, recipes, and “haroset bar” tastings.
- Monday, April 24, 7:00 pm: Yom HaShoah commemoration.
For details or questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Rosh Chodesh Women’s Discussion Group
Rosh Chodesh is a Women’s Discussion group open to members and non-members interested in discussing topics related to Jewish Women, ranging from history and theology to personal relationships and traditions. We meet in homes of members on the first Sunday of the month at 2 pm but occasionally have evening programs as well. Join our Yahoo group to find out more. No obligation to host or come to meetings by joining the Yahoo Group. Questions? Problems with Yahoo? email Melody at email@example.com.