Shabbat, High Holydays and Festival Services
Oseh Shalom offers a variety of Shabbat and Holiday service options to meet the needs of all members from preschoolers to the most devout. Please come by one Friday or Saturday and experience the warmth of our congregation. We welcome you to High Holy Days, other Jewish Holidays and weekly Friday and Saturday Shabbat services. Drop in, take a seat and see what we’re about.
- Shabbat Evening Services are held every Friday starting at 8:00 pm, except the first Friday of the month, when we have a family service which starts at 7:30 pm. The family service features a drash or story geared toward children and a special birthday celebration plus a special oneg. We welcome children to all our services, not just the family service. We feature occasional Ruach services with the our talented Oseh band. Check the calendar for dates.
- Shabbat Morning Services start at 10 am and run to 11:30-noon. Some morning services include a Bnei Mitzvah. Some services feature Jewish meditation.
- High Holyday Services and programs
- Tot Shabbat Shaboker Service: Looking for a fun, engaging, uplifting Jewish experience for a young one in your life? Then come to Oseh Shalom’s Tot Shabbat on the third Saturday of each month at 11:00 PM. A half hour of socializing and playing followed by a half hour of songs, movement, games, and activities in the Oseh Shalom Youth Lounge, followed by a potluck lunch.
- Welcome the Bride is a condensed, early Shabbat service before “Shabbat Supper,” our First Friday potluck. The service is from 5:30-6 pm, is led by members, prayer focused and family friendly. This service lets our early-to-bed set (of all ages) have a chance to welcome in Shabbat in community. All are invited to join us! There may be a quick quiz after the Torah stories with some Fair Trade chocolate involved. Parents: let your children know; this is a great time to engage with our sacred stories. We look forward to seeing you soon!
- Signed Services: Our monthly family services and festival services also features interpreted services for the deaf.
- Yiskor Services on Passover, Shavout and Yom Kippur
- Festival and Remembrance Services: We offer special services on Jewish festivals and remembrance days. See our home page and calendar for times and details.
- Same Gender, Gay, Lesbian, Interfaith Weddings: We welcome everyone at Oseh Shalom and are happy to discuss weddings.
- We encourage you to lead a Shabbat morning Torah discussion and will help make it easy: Seven Easy Steps to Leading a Torah Study
- Kosher? We have a fully kosher kitchen. We also offer vegan options at all meals and are happy to accommodate gluten free, soy free and other diet needs on request. We are a peanut free building and our school has even stricter standards. Read our Kashrut Policy