Inclusion Means Everyone
Oseh Shalom strongly believes everyone should be included in our community. We have transgender, gay and lesbian members and many members of color. We welcome interfaith families. We will make every effort to accommodate special needs such as diets, mobility issues, etc. We are proudly partnered with Keshet, the LGBTQ Jewish organization.
- Our school has had students with Autism, Asperger’s, ADHD and other challenges and all of them have a path to a Bar or Bat Mitzvah if they want that celebration. We have had many moving Bar and Bat Mitzvahs with innovative ways to support individual needs, such a private Monday service for a student with anxiety.
- Our men’s restroom offers baby changing facilities and women’s room has a generous changing counter.
- Our building is peanut free. Our school wing and events are completely nut free. All our many food events offer a vegan option. For other dietary needs, just ask and we will accommodate you.
- We offer ASL services at our family service, High Holyday services and festivals as well as many other events. We offer also offer assisted listening devices.
- Our building is completely on one floor. The only steps are to the bima in the sanctuary, where a ramp is available on request.
Let us know if there are other ways we can be more inclusive.